Friday, March 9, 2012

Going Green

{Greens are hitting the Oscar de la Renta, Burberry, and Vera Wang Spring 2012 runways}

Green: it's the color of grass, the color of the leaves, the color of the earth. It's a color that symbolizes serenity, calm, and anything natural. It's no wonder that everyone and I mean everyone is adopting the green theme this spring.

I for one can't get enough of it (ask my friends!). Ever since I purchased my first (and only) Kelly green Kate Spade leather masterpiece, I have been obsessed with finding nick-knacks and decor to scatter around my apartment. It doesn't help that that vintage color green is straight from the 1950s and 1960s - better known by many as The Mad Men Era - which may also explain my envy for green.


{Kate Spade green leather bucket purse}

This green purse goes with me anywhere. You're probably thinking: what crazy female buys a green purse? Green may not be the most practical color, but surprisingly enough, I can wear it with anything. This color doesn't clash with anything (at least in my wardrobe), and no one can ever accuse me of not having a colorful wardrobe. Instant splash of color, in a gorgeous bag. Kate Spade, you are a design genius.

{Vintage green cocktail glasses gifted from mon amour off of Etsy}

These green cocktail glasses are my current obsession - I won't even let anyone use them for fear of breaking them! They're one of a kind, seriously irreplaceable. I picture Jay Gatsby sipping his brandy with Don Draper out of these glasses (yes, I know I just decade hopped). The vintage Kelly green glass with the unique, yet classical mold makes you feel like a sweet, potentially pretentious, bourgeois sipping on the finest blackberry brandy from Paris.
{These are perfect for an after dinner digestif; maybe some Ricard pastis or Chartreuse}

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...