Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Tour of Infamous Brentwood Celebrity Deaths


One week ago I went on a run to Pressed Juicery (on a whim, trust me I'm not a runner) and decided to check out the famous houses that are within blocks of where I live.

Now by "infamous houses," I mean residences where infamous deaths occurred. I'm not kidding - two infamous murder-suicides happened within a few blocks of where I live, and, of course, I had to check it out on my run.
Side note: I'm not obsessed with death. I'm just a naturally curious person.

1962: Marilyn Monroe commits suicide in an overdose - 12305 5th Helena Drive

The beautiful and iconic starlet, Marilyn Monroe, committed suicide less than a mile away from where I live. I had to take my run past her house, and although you can barely see inside the front gate, it's almost surreal knowing that she used to live and breathe right where I was standing.

1994: The OJ Simpson Murders - 875 S. Bundy Drive

Literally three blocks west and one block north (yes, literally) of where I live is where Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman were allegedly murdered by OJ Simpson. The house is relatively untouched since the deaths (and people actually reside in it today).


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...