Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Summer Adventures List


Summer is a season that I welcome with open arms. Not only is it the season of my birth (the end of July marks my birthday and a huge party, followed by a huge hangover ever since my 21st birthday), but also the sun is out, the air is hot, and adventures are endless.

Every summer I look back and think: what did I do with my summer? I always plan to do more things than I ever commit to doing. This year, my friends and I have found the solution: a shared document where we can track and plan all of our adventures in one central location. Thank you, Google Docs. We have listed everything out-of-the-ordinary that we want to do as a group from wine tasting to a trip to Palm Springs and Napa. All affordable, nothing insane. Just things that we want to experience before the summer is over. So far we have even bought our tickets to the Grease Sing-a-long at the Hollywood Bowl. Endless wine, and endless singing along to John Travolta (which is even more amusing now with his recent masseur controversy).

I find that especially since I have been in a relationship for so long, it is important to make time for trips with girlfriends. You don't have to do everything with your significant other (even though it is fun to have your other half with you when you try something new or go somewhere different) - and sometimes it's more fun to experience things with your girlfriends, especially if you have an interesting group of people with great taste that you hang out with constantly like I do.

What are your plans for summer? Anything extravagant? It's exciting to look at summer with those seemingly endless three months of perfect weather - but they go fast!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...