Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Fight For Your Right


I have been incredibly MIA lately online - and I apologize. But I'm very excited to announce that I will be freelancing (in my spare time) with the amazing A Whisper to a ROAR team to promote the documentary that follows activists in five different countries around the world fighting for democracy and to make a difference.
A Whisper to a Roar tells the heroic stories of courageous democracy activists in five countries around the world – Egypt, Malaysia, Ukraine, Venezuela and Zimbabwe.   From student leaders to prime ministers and heads of state, these activists share their compelling personal stories of struggle, past and present, with their countries’ oppressive regimes. Shot over three years and completed in February 2012 by award-winning filmmaker, Ben Moses, the film was inspired by the work of Stanford University’s Larry Diamond, author of “The Spirit of Democracy” and Director of Stanford University’s Center for Democracy, Development, and the Rule of Law. It was funded by The Moulay Hicham Foundation, whose benefactor, Prince Moulay Hicham of Morocco, is a renowned public intellectual and democracy advocate, particularly in regards to the Middle East. (via)
I have seen an advance screening of the film, and honestly it is one of the most raw and captivating accounts of the plight for democracy that I have ever seen. I was an International Development Studies major at UCLA, and this type of story completely resonates with me. It's a very moving tail that will make you want to get out and make a difference. A lot of these people risk their lives for basic freedoms that many take for granted.

Please take a look at the A Whisper to a ROAR trailer, and look at how you can GET INVOLVED. At the moment we are looking for people to be on our "Feet on the Street" teams in Los Angeles and New York, as well as "Web Wonders" across the world. You'll be working directly with me if that's any incentive and you'll get some pretty cool perks. Check out the volunteer page for more.

I'm extremely excited for this project (I'll be working with volunteer management as well as social media contributions). Please like them on Facebook, follow them on Twitter, and like them on Pinterest.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...