Friday, April 6, 2012

Apartment Trinkets

{The good karma corner of my room: complete with wine-bottle turned candle, sweet scented candles, and a mini Buddha}

It's important to surround yourself with things that make you consistently happy. For me, it's the little trinkets that remind you of family members, of good times, and to stay positive. I like to fill my room and my apartment with candles, pictures, and plenty of reminders that we do live a very fulfilling and beautiful life. Taking a step back and realizing what's important in your life really can make a difference when you're having a hard day (or week... or month).

On another note, one of my best friends from Arizona was in town last night and we had a mini-dinner party. I was in charge of the vegetable side dish and decided to make this ratatouille recipe. I really wish I had taken pictures because it turned out beautiful and tasted fantastic, especially for a "peasant food" dish. It's always refreshing to catch up with old friends with a nice home-cooked meal, and a bottle few bottles of wine even if it is on a Thursday.

{A vintage photo of my father as a kid, vintage green glasses, sweet scented candle}

{Our Mad Men inspired, fully-stocked mini-bar that was the selling point in our apartment}
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...