Monday, February 27, 2012

How To: Ombre Color Blocked Nails


I am a huge fan of finding unique and trendy ways to paint my nails - I find it's a great way for you to express yourself and change up your style without completely (and expensively) changing your wardrobe. The ombre color-blocking fashion is easy to do, especially for the woman who buys nail polish in similar shades and hues.

Step 1: Choose your colors. I stick to odd numbers for this trend because it usually looks a lot better. You want to pick either three or five colors that are in a similar color scheme. I chose black (by Rimmel), gunmetal silver glitter (Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous by OPI), and a light pearly silver (Glitzerland by OPI).

Step 2: Use a base coat to protect your nails. I stick to the Sally Hansen line.

Step 3: Start painting! Paint your pinky and your ring finger the lightest shade, your middle and your index finger the middle shade, and your thumb the darkest shade.

Step 4: Finish with a quick drying top coat.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...