Tuesday, February 28, 2012

How To: A Fine-Haired Girl’s Guide


It's always been a struggle to maintain volume with my mane of hair. I'm guilty of having a lot of fine hair that tangles easily and needs to be washed daily (sometimes more often) to keep it looking fresh.
Often I steer clear of moisturizing shampoo and conditioner for fear of my hair getting too weighed down especially near the roots, sacrificing the health of my ends. Never fear, the solution is here.

Fine-Hair Washing and Styling Ritual
  1. Wash and condition with weightless moisturizing products: Don't fear the moisturizing shampoo and conditioner! Dove products are fantastic for girls with fine hair. The key is to shampoo your roots working downwards. Rinse. Condition upwards starting at the ends and putting the remainder on your roots.
  2. Rinse your hair with cold water: I once read an article that said that Pippa Middleton's hair was so flouncy and bouncy and shiny because she rinsed her hair with ice cold water. I started doing it, and my hair was so much more weightless because I rinsed it with ice cold water. It may not make my hair shinier, but it definitely halts the production of oils on your scalp.
  3. Immediately blow dry your roots: If you immediately flip your hair over and blow dry your roots, your hair will have a lift like no other. Use the warm air to dry your roots, and once they're dry flip over and re-do it with the cold air. You can always add a hair product to add more bounce, but make sure to avoid your roots.
In a rush?

Two words: dry shampoo. You can thank me later. Dry shampoo may be the best invention for the girl who doesn't want to have to wash her hair every 24 hours. Spray on, let it absorb the oils, and brush through. Style like usual. My favorite budget brand is TRESemmé Fresh Start.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...